Tuff Stuff - Overland Roof Top Tent Anti-Condensation Mat - Soft Tents
Why is everything wet! If you are looking into purchasing a roof top tent or already have purchased one, don't hesitate to add this to your cart now. This small addition will protect your investment and eliminate that mildew smell common among camping equipment. Anti-condensation mats are one of those things you don't know that you need until you need it. Right around 4:00 AM after the first night at camp.
We have three different sizes... one for the Original Ranger, Delta & Trailhead tents, one for the new Ranger 65, and one for the Elite tent.
If you are looking for an Anti-Condensation Mat for your Alpha or Stealth tent we have those too!
- Original Ranger, Delta & Trailhead Anti-Condensation Mat L/W/H: 48 x 56 x 1/4 inches
- Ranger 65 Anti-Condensation Mat L/W/H: 48 x 65 x 1/4 inches
- Elite Anti-Condensation Mat L/W/H: 48 x 76 x 1/4 inches
*NOTE: Can be used in our Alpha tents but trimming is required. Does not fit perfectly due to the panels on the alpha tent being different sizes, but will fit with minor modification
- Remove the mattress from the tent.
- Lay the 2 mats on both surfaces of the tent floor so there is no overlapping (trimming may be necessary).
- Using 3M Self Adhesive Tape (not included) or 2-4 self-tapping screws (not included) and wide fender washers, screw through the mat at the front 2 corners closest to the ladder and move to the middle.
- This is done so the mat does not slide out while opening the tent.
- Put the mattress back in place and enjoy!
Why use an anti-condensation mat?
The answer is simple; to reduce the condensation inside of your tent that can occur underneath the mattress. Don't learn the hard way like us when it comes time to go home and you notice moisture dripping down the floor of your tent... Add an anti-condensation mat and make your rooftop tent last for years!
Why would there be moisture in the tent?
Because the tent holds its temperature inside so well and the floors are made of aluminum, body heat transfers through the floor causing varying temperatures between the outside and inside surfaces (temperature gradient). When this temperature change occurs, moisture can also occur under the mattress on the warmest part of the floor. To eliminate this, add our 1/4 inch anti-condensation mat which provides a layer between your body and the aluminum floor to reduce the temperature change which leads to moisture. Think of drinking ice water from an aluminum cup. This is why an anti-condensation mat is so important.