Tuff Stuff - Alpha II Hard Top Side Open Tent - Black - 2 Person
Click here for our Shipping Policy for Lead Times
Finally a tent for the little guys! The Tuff Stuff® Alpha II™ is the new hybrid side-opening rooftop tent that's actually affordable.
The ALPHA II™ is exactly what the smaller SUV and Subaru gangs have been waiting for. Small but mighty. Made for going off the grid in comfort. This rooftop tent is a mini version of our Alpha RTT.
Compare our hard shell tents to any on the market and you'll be impressed by the quality and shocked at the price. You could pay more but why? Take your savings and get more camping gear!
This tent sleeps two (2) people.
- Mounting hardware & brackets for installation (fits up to 3.25" cross bars)
- Shoe bag, 1 qty
- Storage bag, 1 qty
- Window rods, 6 qty
- Window awnings (removable)
- Moon roof (must roll back rainfly to view outside)
- Telescoping ladder
- LED Lights for interior & exterior (requires power from a USB power pack, not included)
- Patch kit & glue to perform repairs
- Not included, but available, the Alpha II Annex Room.
Note: The ALPHA™ tent is designed to open to the passenger side ONLY
Will this tent fit my vehicle?
Roof top tents are not vehicle-specific. It is up to you to provide a stable roof rack that can support the weight of the tent on top, in addition to the people inside. Always refer to your vehicle manual.
Heavy-duty crossbars (left to right) are necessary to support the weight of the tent, and we recommend checking your factory rail system (front to back) to confirm it will hold the weight of your tent and the people inside. Max width of your crossbar should be 3.25" or less so there are no modifications needed to use the provided brackets. If your crossbars are wider than 3.25" you will need to purchase brackets from another source or have them manufactured for you.
- Sleeping Capacity: 2 Person
- Open dimensions L/W/H: 59.75 X 79 X 46 inches
- Closed dimensions L/W/H: 59.75 X 49.75 X 14 inches
- Mattress L/W/H: 53 X 78 X 2.5 inches
- Weight: 141 Lbs
- Weight Capacity: 800 Lbs
- Tent Material: 280 G Poly/Cotton Rip-Stop
- Rainfly Material: 210D Polyester/Oxford PU coated 5000mm
- Floor: Heavy-duty aluminum honeycomb
- Shell: ABS with FRP reinforcement
- Zippers: YKK with custom para-cord pulls (reduces annoying dinging in wind)
- LED Light: Amber & White light (inside and outside)
- Windows: 3 window openings w/ mesh screens & window rods
- Skylight with mesh and solid panel (rainfly must be pulled back to view the sky)
- Window Awnings: 2 side window openings have removable (zip-off) rain awnings (included)
- Installation brackets fit crossbars up to 3.25" wide
- Steel cable locks w/ 2 pairs of keys
- Ladder: Telescoping 7.5' tall (included)
- Mounting hardware: Stainless steel (Included)
- Not included, but available, Annex room
NOTE: The ALPHA II™ tent is designed to open to the passenger side ONLY
- Mounting your tent requires a minimum of 2 people for lifting. Your tent will ONLY OPEN ON THE PASSENGER SIDE Position your tent on top of the vehicle's roof rack, bed rack, or trailer and center to your liking.
- Using the supplied hardware and mounting plates, slide the hardware into the channel so there are 2 bolts per corner (one in front and one behind the vehicle's crossbars).
- Run the bolts through the mounting brackets holes, thread nuts onto each bolt.
- Confirm you are happy with the position of the tent, vehicle balance, and appearance then tighten all nuts to the brackets until the tent cannot move.
- Undo the buckles on the side of the tent, push up on the handle to actuate the hydraulic rams to open the tent hard shell, Pull out on the telescoping ladder until it is fully extended- pull down on ladder until the folding side of the tent has opened and extended fully.
- Reposition the ladder to your desired height/angle.
- Install the supplied tension rods on the overhang of the tent & windows, open the door, and enjoy!
Cracked Shell (Life Happens)
- Clean area with soap, water, and plastic cleaner.
- Grind damaged area, then repair with a PlastiFix® Rigid Plastic Repair Kit or similar product.
PlastiFix® is an optimal repair method. Weld repairs may be backed with epoxy for extra strength.
In order to maximize the strength of any repair, thoroughly clean contaminants from the surface in the damaged area.
- Clean both sides with soap and water. Dry with a clean cloth or compressed air.
- Spray Plastic Cleaner onto the surface and wipe off while wet with a clean, lint-free cloth. Wipe in one direction to avoid spreading contaminants back over the clean area.
Align Damage and Deformation
If the plastic is distorted, heat with a heat gun and reshape the distorted area. When heating plastic, it is important that the plastic be heated all the way through. Hold the heat gun on the area until the opposite side of the plastic is uncomfortable to the touch. Once heated, force the plastic back into position with a small roller or other appropriate tool, then cool the area with a damp cloth. Stretched areas can be shrunk with the shell cold. Keep working until smooth, then sand overall with 80 grit to help identify remaining low spots. Push out remaining low spots and repeat the process.
If the damaged area is cut or torn to the edge, align the cosmetic surface with Aluminum Body Tape and begin the repair process on the back. By aligning the outer surface, you minimize the amount of filler required to restore the proper profile to the part.
Freight/Delivery times are 3-5 business days from our warehouse to the Destination Terminal, Final Delivery is by appointment (this is why we require a phone number) and varies based on the distance from the Destination Terminal and the Final Delivery address (your shipping address).
Do NOT miss your delivery once scheduled or you will be charged for rescheduling. We get charged and will pass the charge on to you.
Our tents ship via LTL and will ship separately from any other items in your cart. This means, if you also ordered an awning it will ship via Ground. This is why the phone number is so important. The LTL Freight Carrier will contact you via phone to work out a delivery time. No number no delivery. Missed travel time.
All tents INCLUDE shipping only to the lower 48 states. Tents must be sent via freight truck (not UPS or Fed-Ex Ground) so please arrange an ideal location with easy access/and or forklift services to ensure no damage occurs in transit. A forklift is not required but definitely preferred.
For residential deliveries: The courier will only deliver to the sidewalk, driveway, or garage. A valid telephone number must be provided at the time of purchase. This needs to be a number that you can be reached at in order for the delivery driver to schedule a delivery time. Failure to provide a valid telephone number will result in your tent not being shipped until we can make contact with you.
If you cannot arrange to be available or fail to respond to the carrier, your tent will be returned to our warehouse and the return freight charges will be applied to your credit card.
Lastly, if you see damage to the tent packaging take pictures immediately. Refuse delivery. If you do not see any outer damage but find concealed damage once you open the packaging, stop, take pictures, and report the damage to use immediately. All damage must be reported within 24 hrs of receiving your tent. Make sure to take pictures of the packaging, the crate, the tent, anything that will provide context for the damage.