Tuff Stuff - Alpha Hard Top Side Open Tent - 4 Person
The Tuff Stuff® Alpha™ is the new hybrid side-opening roof top tent that's sure to change the roof top tent game.
The ALPHA™ can be set up in under 2 minutes, using its hydraulic assisted mechanism and telescoping ladder. Designed with heavy-duty hydraulic lift brackets, the process is quick and easy to get camping and comfy. This Tuff Stuff® tent has been designed to be light, versatile, and sleek so that there is minimal wind resistance when driving. With a sloped aerodynamic shell, our tent has a slightly higher profile than others to ensure you can keep your bedding inside of the tent, compared to others which you must remove before closing.
This tent sleeps a family of four very comfortably and has plenty of windows for viewing our amazing wilderness.
The ultra-comfy mattress allows for an awesome night's sleep with tons of room inside the tent when open.
- Mounting hardware & brackets for installation (fits up to 3.25" cross bars)
- Shoe bag, 1 qty
- Storage bag, 1 qty
- Window rods, 6 qty
- Window awnings (removable)
- Moon roof (must roll back rainfly to view outside)
- Telescoping ladder
- LED Lights for interior & exterior (requires power from a USB power pack, not included)
- Patch kit & glue to perform repairs
- Not included, but available, the Alpha™ Annex Room.
Comes in 2 colors: Black and Gray
Note: The ALPHA™ tent is designed to open to the passenger side ONLY
- Your vehicle must have crossbars (left to right) that can accept 190+ Lbs, and your crossbars should be at least 30" apart for proper support.
- Pickup trucks: We strongly recommend the use of a truck bed rack. We do not recommend the Alpha tents be placed on the roof of a truck.
Will this tent fit my vehicle?
Roof top tents are not vehicle-specific. It is up to you to provide a stable roof rack that can support the weight of the tent on top, in addition to the people inside. Always refer to your vehicle manual.
Heavy-duty crossbars (left to right) are necessary to support the weight of the tent, and we recommend checking your factory rail system (front to back) to confirm it will hold the weight of your tent and the people inside. Max width of your crossbar should be 3.25" or less so there are no modifications needed to use the provided brackets. If your crossbars are wider than 3.25" you will need to purchase brackets from another source or have them manufactured for you.
- Sleeping Capacity: 3-4 People
- Open dimensions L/W/H: 75x87x52 inches
- Closed dimensions L/W/H: 75x55x15 inches
- Mattress L/W/H: 87x71x 2.75
- Weight: 176 Lbs
- Weight Capacity: 1100 Lbs
- Tent Material: 280 G Poly/Cotton Rip-Stop
- Rainfly Material: 210D Polyester/Oxford PU coated 5000mm
- Floor: Heavy-duty aluminum honeycomb
- Shell: ABS with FRP reinforcement
- Zippers: YKK with custom para-cord pulls (reduces annoying dinging in wind)
- LED Light: Amber & White light (inside and outside)
- Windows: 3 window openings w/ mesh screens & window rods
- Skylight with mesh and solid panel (rainfly must be pulled back to view the sky)
- Window Awnings: 2 side window openings have removable (zip-off) rain awnings (included)
- Installation brackets fit crossbars up to 3.25" wide
- Mounting rails: 32.5" apart
- Steel cable locks w/ 2 pairs of keys
- Ladder: Telescoping 7.5' tall (included)
- Mounting hardware: Stainless steel (Included)
- Not included, but available, the Annex room
NOTE: The ALPHA™ tent is designed to open to the passenger side ONLY
Freight/Delivery times are 3-5 business days from our warehouse to the Destination Terminal, Final Delivery is by appointment (this is why we require a phone number) and varies based on the distance from the Destination Terminal and the Final Delivery address (your shipping address).
Do NOT miss your delivery once scheduled or you will be charged for rescheduling. We get charged and will pass the charge on to you.
Our tents ship via LTL and will ship separately from any other items in your cart. This means, if you also ordered an awning it will ship via Ground. This is why the phone number is so important. The LTL Freight Carrier will contact you via phone to work out a delivery time. No number no delivery. Missed travel time.
All tents INCLUDE shipping only to the lower 48 states. Tents must be sent via freight truck (not UPS or Fed-Ex Ground) so please arrange an ideal location with easy access/and or forklift services to ensure no damage occurs in transit. A forklift is not required but definitely preferred.
For residential deliveries: The courier will only deliver to the sidewalk, driveway, or garage. A valid telephone number must be provided at the time of purchase. This needs to be a number that you can be reached at in order for the delivery driver to schedule a delivery time. Failure to provide a valid telephone number will result in your tent not being shipped until we can make contact with you.
If you cannot arrange to be available or fail to respond to the carrier, your tent will be returned to our warehouse and the return freight charges will be applied to your credit card.
Lastly, if you see damage to the tent packaging take pictures immediately. Refuse delivery. If you do not see any outer damage but find concealed damage once you open the packaging, stop, take pictures, and report the damage to use immediately. All damage must be reported within 24 hrs of receiving your tent. Make sure to take pictures of the packaging, the crate, the tent, anything that will provide context for the damage.