ARB - On-Board Twin High Performance 12 Volt Air Compressor - CKMTA12
Providing optimum power, the ARB twin motor design delivers class-leading air flow for fast inflation purposes. Constructed of lightweight, high-strength engineering grade materials, it incorporates quality components for quiet operation and extended durability. The twin motors incorporate internal thermal protection against extreme temperature damage while a heavy duty in-line maxi fuse for each motor provides professional circuit protection. Available as either a portable kit with a 4L air tank, inflation accessories and a durable carry case or a vehicle mounted kit with associated wiring loom and mounting hardware.
There's nothing wrong with being bullish about upgrading your off-road vehicle. This is why we offer you everything you need to give you the best performance from your vehicle, including this ARB twin compressor designed to power and control the ARB Air Lockers that can give your vehicle a serious boost when it comes to traction. You don't even have to worry about whether or not you're getting the best air compressors when you shop with us since all our parts and accessories come from brands you know and trust.
- Pneumatic supply and electrical control for ARB Air Locker (Air Locker Manifold Kit #171503 required)
- Rapid inflation of small, medium and large tires
- 100% duty cycle
- Sealed for moisture and dust resistance
- Air tools rated up to 85LPM [3CFM] @ 6Bar [90PSI] continuous supply
- Air tools rated higher than 85LPM [3CFM] @ 6Bar [90PSI] using an optional air tank suitable to the run time requirements
- Fully assembled and tested air compressor (12V)
- Complete wiring loom with Air Locker solenoid plug-in terminals
- Automotive OEM quality compressor isolating switch
- 2 x relocatable splash resistant air filters with washable high-flow sintered bronze filter cartridges
- Hard anodized cylinder bores for reduced friction
- Teflon impregnated carbon fiber piston seals for maximum trouble free life
- Anodized mounting bracket dissipates heat
- Integrated pressure switch, relays and IP55 (waterproof/dustproof) brushless fan cools electronics, motors and cylinder heads
- Over-pressure safety valve equipped
- Includes mounting bolts and washers
- Fitment: Universal Fit
The origins of ARB can be traced back to Australia’s remote Top End, circa 1975. A region of vast distances and rugged terrain, it was fast becoming a Mecca for the nation’s burgeoning 4WD community. However, the very environment that attracted 4 wheelers also wreaked havoc on their equipment – when driving in extreme conditions, only the best 4×4 accessories will do.
This was the conclusion drawn by Tony Brown during his travels at the time. While exploring the treasures of the Top End, the skills Tony gained from working on his Land Rover were regularly called on to mend damaged bull bars and broken roof racks. Bar work back then was crude, not at all suited to overland touring, and through this experience an idea was born – high quality equipment that met the vigorous demands of 4WD owners.
Upon returning to Melbourne, Tony put theory into practice via the family garage, where he sought to address the product deficiencies he’d encountered. His vision called for a combination of sound design principles and reliable raw materials… a simple solution to an endemic problem. The concept was embraced when it hit the fledgling 4×4 market, and ARB – the initials of Anthony Ronald Brown – was founded.