ARB - High Performance On-Board Compressor for ARB Air Lockers
There's nothing quite as satisfying as having a vehicle that performs above the rest when it comes to off-road riding, but that means you have to invest some time and money. ARB Air Lockers are a great way to give your vehicle more traction when it comes to off-road riding, but you need to make sure you have an ARB air compressor to accompany it. These air compressors are designed with a full seal to resist moisture and dust so they can keep your ARB Air Lockers up and running for a long time to come.
An Added Boost
When it comes to changing the performance of your off-road vehicle, sometimes it can be hard to make a big difference. However, ARB Air Lockers can give you a noticeable difference in terms of traction as long as you have the right ARB compressor accompanying them. 4 Wheel Parts is big on making sure every off-road fanatic has access to the parts and accessories they need, which is why we offer a great selection of compressors to go alongside your ARB Air Lockers.
- Compact design makes it the highest flowing compressor in its class (voltage vs size)
- Fully sealed components for moisture and dust
- Pressure switch controlled air manifold systems specially designed to suit ARB Air Locker equipped vehicles
- Hard anodized cylinder bore and PTFE (Teflon) impregnated carbon fiber piston seal for reduced friction and maximum trouble free life
- New anodized mounting bracket dissipates motor heat and allows compresor to be repositioned 180°
- Anti-vibration sound deadening mount
- Relocatable splash resistant air filter assembly for cleaner, cooler air supply and versatile waterproof air intake positioning
- High densisty, high flow washable sintered bronze air filter element
- Maxi-Fuse equipped for professional in-line circuit protection
- Motor is 100% ball bearing equipped with unique linear brush pre-load system for extra long life, low heat and quiet operation
- Compressor piston is equipped with a German made high shock rated cylindrical roller bearing
- Constructed entirely of light weight, high strenght engineering grade materials, including military and aerospace grade components
- Over-pressure safety valve equipped
- Motor is internally thermal protected against extreme termperature damage
- Part Number: ARBCKMA12
- Fitment: Universal Fit
The origins of ARB can be traced back to Australia’s remote Top End, circa 1975. A region of vast distances and rugged terrain, it was fast becoming a Mecca for the nation’s burgeoning 4WD community. However, the very environment that attracted 4 wheelers also wreaked havoc on their equipment – when driving in extreme conditions, only the best 4×4 accessories will do.
This was the conclusion drawn by Tony Brown during his travels at the time. While exploring the treasures of the Top End, the skills Tony gained from working on his Land Rover were regularly called on to mend damaged bull bars and broken roof racks. Bar work back then was crude, not at all suited to overland touring, and through this experience an idea was born – high quality equipment that met the vigorous demands of 4WD owners.
Upon returning to Melbourne, Tony put theory into practice via the family garage, where he sought to address the product deficiencies he’d encountered. His vision called for a combination of sound design principles and reliable raw materials… a simple solution to an endemic problem. The concept was embraced when it hit the fledgling 4×4 market, and ARB – the initials of Anthony Ronald Brown – was founded.
Today, ARB is Australia’s largest manufacturer and distributor of 4×4 accessories. We also have an international presence, with an office in the US and an export network that extends through more than 80 countries around the globe. Our philosophy, however, has never wavered from its original course – quality, reliability and practicality above all else.
Reliable and inflated tires plenty fast, good balance between price and speed!
The ARB pushes so much more air than my old Viair compressor. Being hard mounted, I have one less bag loose around the trunk. Mounted it in the engine bay and put together my own two tire inflation hose. Would suggest just getting the ARB inflation kit (single hose) and inflator with this if you want just single tire inflation. This compressor is plenty for pumping tires. Reliable and inflated tires plenty fast, good balance between price and speed. Powerful little compressor with ARB quality and rep. It compact enough to fit in tighter engine bays as well. Comes with wiring harnesses with easy positive and negative wiring to battery and one to a switch. 4WD Crew made the decision easy with a good price. Compressor was in stock and arrived in a few days, sooner than I expected.