Front Runner - Ford Explorer (2020-current) Slimline II Roof Rail Rack Kit
- Featured Accessories
Explore more in your Ford Explorer with this all metal and powder coated roof rack system. Modular design allows you to remove slats to clear access to sunroofs or add slats for a full platform. Quick and secure mounting of accessories easily makes your Explorer ready for any adventure.
This 1358mm/53.5" long, full-size Slimline II cargo roof rack kit contains the Slimline II Tray, Wind Deflector and 3 pairs of Rail Grip Feet to mount the Slimline II Tray to the roof rails of your Ford Explorer. This system installs easily with off-road tough feet that grip onto the existing factory/OEM roof rails. No drilling required.
All Front Runner Rack Kits contain installation instructions as well as all the components needed to mount the Slimline II Tray to your vehicle.
NOTE: Your vehicle must be equipped with the factory/OEM roof rails in order to use this rack kit.
This rack kit can be removed leaving your vehicle’s roof and roof rails in their original condition.
For a stronger expedition grade cargo carrying solution, Front Runner may offer a specific Foot Rail System to mount the Rack Tray to your vehicle. Front Runner Foot Rail solutions can be installed by removing the factory roof rails or used if no factory roof rails are fitted.
Factory Rail Rack Kits are designed as a "light duty" cargo solution. Please refer to your vehicles owner manual for manufacturers recommended load rating and do not exceed these limits.
For optimal load carrying capacity, we recommend that there is no cargo overhang (excludes sports gear) and all weight is distributed evenly across the rack.
Factory Rail Rack Kits are not suited for extreme off-road conditions and therefore you should consider a different Front Runner mounting solution if this is your intended purpose.
Please contact us for advice on specific mounting solutions for your vehicle and use.
All Front Runner Racks are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty*
3 x GOFR001 - Rail Foot Base (Pair) - by Front Runner
3 x GOFR010 - Flush Rail Outer Grips / No. 1 - by Front Runner
3 x GOFR035 - Flush Rail Inner Grips / F - by Front Runner
1 x RRAC904 - Plastic Spacer for Foot Rail Base / 10mm (pair) - by Front Runner
1 x RRSTG07 - Slimline II Tray - 1345mm(W) X 1358mm(L) - by Front Runner
Black epoxy powder-coated T6 aluminum
High strength steel
Approximate Installed Weight 21.6kg (47.6lbs)
The t-slots on the tops and bottoms of the rack tray slats and edge profiles accommodate standard 8mm bolts.
To determine the approximate height from your vehicle’s roof to the top of your Slimline II Roof Rack, add the height of the Slimline II Tray (50mm/ 2") to the height of the Foot or Grab-on Foot listed above.
If your Slimline II Roof Rack kit uses Legs, add the height of the Slimline II Tray (50mm/ 2") to the height of the Legs to determine the height of the rack from your vehicle’s rain gutters.
If your Slimline II Roof Rack kit uses Foot Rails, add the height of the Slimline II Tray (50mm/ 2") to the height of the Foot Rails to determine the height of the rack from the crown (highest point) of the vehicles roof.
Width 440mm (17.3")
Length 1730mm (68.1")
Height 150mm (5.9")
Weight 26.4kg (58.2lbs)
Features Accessories for the Slimline II Kits
- FRONT RUNNER - RECOVERY DEVICE MOUNTING KIT - Secure 1 to 2 pairs of MaxTrax, Tred Pro, and other popular brands of recovery devices, flush to a Front Runner Rack with this off-road tough mounting kit.
- FRONT RUNNER - RATCHETING SPADE/SHOVEL & PADDLE MOUNT - An off-road tough storage solution for spade/shovels and similar shaped gear like canoe paddles
- FRONT RUNNER - RECOVERY DEVICE & GEAR HOLDING SIDE BRACKETS - These off-road tough articulating brackets mount MaxTrax, TRED pro and other popular rescue devices with similar hole spacing off the side of the Front Runner Slimline II rack.
- FRONT RUNNER - HI-LIFT JACK BRACKET - This 2 piece locking bracket easily bolts to the side of your Slimline II Roof Rack Tray for a rattle-free, off-road tough jack carrying solution.
- FRONT RUNNER - ROTOPAX RACK MOUNTING PLATE - Effortlessly mount the RotoPax Fuel and/or Water Cans to your Front Runner Rack with this off-road tough secure mounting plate.
- FRONT RUNNER - WATER TANK WITH MOUNTING SYSTEM 42L - This compact and sporty 42L / 11.1 gal Water Tank includes mounting brackets for the Slimline II Roof Rack.
- FRONT RUNNER - PRO STAINLESS STEEL CAMP TABLE KIT - This lightweight, sturdy camp table is ideal for food preparation, food serving, and gathering around to eat. Features include a stainless steel top and black powder-coated aluminum frame. Specifically designed to be easily stored UNDERNEATH most Front Runner Slimline II Roof Racks.
- FRONT RUNNER - PRO BIKE CARRIER - Safely and securely transport your bike with the Pro Bike Carrier.
- FRONT RUNNER - QUICK RELEASE AWNING MOUNT KIT - Front Runner's Quick Release Awning Mount Kit gives you the freedom to mount or remove your awning in seconds, and with no tools.
Travel. Dream. Design. Build. Test. Evolve. Repeat.Front Runner Outfitters manufactureres high quality products that are manufactured in just outside Johannesburg, South Africa. Their roof racks, water tanks, tents, awnings, drawer systems and camping accessories are enjoyed, used and abused around the world by casual campers, the U.N., overlanders, NGOs, outdoor enthusiasts and extreme athletes.